In this blog post, I will show you how I made a Batman and Spiderman Cake for a 21 year old Super Hero enthusiast. Here’s #howididit
- Bake Chocolate Cake (I used a classic chocolate cake recipe).
- Ganache the cake once cooled.
- Cover the ganached cake with fondant, trim the excess and use a smoother to smooth the sides and top of the cake
- To sharpen the edges of the cake, use acetate smoother’s as pictured below:
- Cover the cake board with fondant.
- Use letter and number cutters for the name and age, and stick to fondant-ed board with sugar glue.
- Use white royal icing and pipe with a Wilton #2 tip to create the spiders web on the cake board.
- Use the template below to trace the batman symbol onto black fondant, and then stick onto a yellow fondant oval, and then again onto a black fondant oval with sugar glue. Using the sugar glue again, stick finished logo design onto the cake.
The Finished Cake:
- Sugar glue can make the black fondant bleed if you use too much. I learned this the hard way.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog. Stay tuned for my favourite cake recipes in future blogs!
Hope you have enjoyed this post If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : [email protected]
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx