Yes it’s true. I’m officially obsessed with coconut! I literally sprinkle it into 90% of my recipes. This cake is no exception.
1) Start by making the Raspberry flavouring. I usually make this in bulk and freeze it for other recipes.
- Place a 1kg bag of frozen raspberries into a saucepan with 1 cup sugar and 3tblsp water.
- Simmer on low till the sugar is dissolved.
- Let the mixture boil till the water evaporates and the raspberries start to break apart and make a thick sauce.
- Using a handheld blitzer, blitz the mixture to the consistency that you prefer. I like my fruit sauces a bit chunky for texture. Here’s a picture of the one I used in this recipe:
4) Add 1tblsp of the lime zest and 3tblsp of the Raspberry flavouring to the mixture, and gently fold through. Be careful not to overmix, otherwise the colour of the raspberries will bleed through the mixture. It won’t change the taste, however you will not get the beautiful marbled effect.
5) Bake the cake at 180 degrees Celsius until cooked through.
6) Prepare a cream cheese frosting while the cake is cooling. I made a quick icing with 200g cream cheese and 500g sifted pure icing sugar.
7) cut the cake in half as in the picture below, and spread some of the raspberry sauce on each surface. Once soaked into the cake, spread some of the cream cheese frosting onto the bottom half. Then sprinkle a bit of lime zest and coconut over the cream cheese layer and sandwich the two halves together.
8) Frost the sides and the top of the cake with the rest of the cream cheese frosting and then decorate as you wish.
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : [email protected]
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx