With Eid coming up again soon, I was experimenting with ingredients over the weekend. With pantry staples, and a bag of pitted dates, I was able to come up with the following recipe. These cookies were so easy to make, and not too costly either 👏🏽
They could be packaged individually as a gift for your friends or family, or, you could make a quick batch to serve with tea or coffee. Give them a go 💕
200g caster sugar
200g softened butter
1 beaten egg
1tsp coconut essence
50g desiccated coconut
1/2 a cup of pitted and chopped dates
- Cream the softened butter with the caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add to the mixture 1 beaten egg and mix well.
- Add a tsp of coconut essence
- Add in the sifted plain flour, desiccated coconut and chopped dates and mix to form a cookie dough.
- Allow the dough to rest, and heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once rested, roll out the dough and cut into required shapes.
- Place the cut cookie dough onto lined baking sheets and then bake until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool, and then decorate and package as required.
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : [email protected]
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx