The cravings for raisin toast on the Easter long weekend were real. With all the major shops closed, I decided to make my own fruit bread for breakfast with ingredients I had in my pantry. Who would have thought that sour cherries and dates would be a match made in heaven? Certainly not I! That is, until now… Try making this loaf yourself, and tell me what you think!
Nazzy Bakers Date and Sour Cherry Bread with crushed honey almonds:
600g strong bread flour
350ml Luke warm water
2 tsp instant yeast
1 cup chopped dried sour cherries
1 cup chopped dried dates
1) Add flour to a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle over the yeast, and mix till the yeast is incorporated into the flour.
2) Add the water, and mix to form a dough.
3) To the dough, add the dried fruit and knead to combine.
4) Allow the dough to prove in a warm place, covered in cling film (plastic wrap).
5) When doubled in size (after an hour or so), knead the dough again and shape the dough as desired.
6) Allow the dough to prove again.
7) Brush the top of the loaf with egg wash, and then sprinkle over some honey almonds (optional).
8) Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
9) Serve warm or cold, with butter.
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : [email protected]
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx