This recipe was an absolute hit at my sisters wedding functions in January of this year. I made the traditional Indian sweet known as burfee, explode with a chocolate and coconut flavour just by adding a few extra ingredients and changing my regular recipe ever so slightly.
For those of you that do not know what burfee is, the best explanation that i can provide, is that it is a sweet milk fudge that is usually flavored with rose water, cardamom and saffron and decorated with nuts, and, in modern times with sprinkles.
There a variety of different flavors that you can buy burfee in. These include:
Chocolate, Almond, Pistachio, Mango, and Coconut.
I have in recent months been inspired by this Indian delicacy in particular, and have created my own range of flavors. Some recipes have failed miserably, and others have been mind blowing! I’ve created the Matcha burfee, Bubblegum burfee, Strawberries and Cream, and even Coffee Burfee.
The best in my opinion, HAS to be my Chocolate Overload Burfee.
If you are in Australia and would like to try a bag of my mix, hit me up and ill see if i can send a bag your way:)
Herewith my recipe:
NAZZY BAKERS CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD BURFEE
500g Milk powder
200 ml thickened cream
1 tsp elachi/ cardamom
5 tablespoons of chocolate overload mix
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
- Place sugar and water into a saucepan, and put onto a high heat on the stove, and allow the mixture to boil while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- Mix milk powder, cardamom, chocolate overload mix and cream together.
- Break the mixture apart till it forms a breadcrumb consistency.
- Once the sugar is dissolved in the water, and the mixture is boiling, add in the butter. The mixture will bubble, and become frothy. Allow the mixture to bubble for approximately 8 minutes, or until the mixture has formed a thick syrup.
- Add in the milk powder mixture, and mix vigorously on low heat until the milk powder mixture is well combined with the sugar syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a greased container lined with baking paper, and allow the mixture to set.
- Once set, cut the burfee into little squares and ENJOY 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed this post:) If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on Facebook messenger, or by email : [email protected]
Don’t forget to like and share this idea with anyone that you think would enjoy it!
xx NaZzYbAkEr xx