Inverted Caramel and Cinnamon Cake:
1 can of condensed milk
1 1/2 cups of caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups plain flour
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
- Grease and line an 8 inch baking tin (do not use a spring form pan, as the condensed milk will leak out).
- Pour the condensed milk into the prepared tin.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, milk, and oil together until combined.
- Slowly add in the sifted flour, salt and baking powder, and continue to mix on high speed.
- Once combined, pour the batter over the condensed milk in the baking tin.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius until cooked through. Check by inserting a cake skewer in the center. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Invert the cake onto a cake stand carefully, to avoid wrecking the caramel top layer.