1 cup of Caster Sugar
180g softened butter
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 tbsps. milk
2 cups self-raising flour
250g Marscapone cheese
1/2 cup whipped cream
2 Egg yolks
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup black coffee (cooled)
250g Softened butter
250g Cream cheese
750g icing sifted icing sugar
cocoa for dusting
Cupcakes: Cream the butter and caster sugar using a mixer, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in, one at a time, mixing well between each addition. Next add the vanilla extract, and mix through well. Sift the flour into the mixture a little at a time until combined. Then add the milk, and mix through, to form a cupcake batter. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
Filling: Beat the egg yolks and sugar, until light and creamy. Add the mascarpone and whipped cream, and fold through the egg yolk mixture.
Icing: Whip the butter until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, and continue to whip until combined. Then beat the sifted icing sugar into the mixture.
- Core the cupcakes, and keep the core to one side.
- Add a teaspoon or two of coffee into the cored cupcake, and allow the coffee to absorb into the cake.
- Fill a piping bag with the mascarpone filling, and pipe the filling into the centre of each cupcake.
- Cover the filling with the core of the cupcake that was previously set aside.
- Fill a new piping bag with the icing mixture, and pipe the icing on top of each cupcake. I used a Loyal 2D (closed star medium tip).
Save the following image, for an easy access recipe: